Monday, October 7, 2013

Parenting Quirks


Every parent has their quirks when it comes to their kids.  Here are some of mine:
- I let Gray wear make-up all the time.  I always loved it.  As long as it doesn't hurt her skin.... Why not?  You can often find her with red lips and mascara.
- Clothes & Shoes.  I like to dress my kids like mini-adults with a fun kid spin.  If Kevin and I wouldn't wear it, you probably won't find my kids in it.  (I do let them wear whatever they want at home though!) 
- Behavior.  For the most part, my kids are well behaved.  Disciplining kids is a full time job and often exhausting.  But I find the tougher you are the first few times the less you have to repeat yourself the next 3.  I am borderline obsessed with my kids being well behaved & orderly in public too, bc they go with us everywhere!  
- We don't hoard. We get rid of toys.  Especially before Christmas and Birthdays.  My kids are spoiled with people who love them and give them things.  So we purge, spoil, purge, spoil. If we never purged..... I don't even wanna think about it!  
- Food.  I like for them to eat healthy. We've made a rule that if there's something you don't like, you at least have to try it!  If you put it in your mouth and chew and wanna puke, you can spit it out! At least you tried!  I would love to eat clean 100% of the time, but I do try to limit the things filled with bad stuff!  I just feel like you can trust anything but natural foods anymore! :( 

I'm sure these quirks will evolve as the years go by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment