Thursday, August 29, 2013

Things I Never Wanna Forget: {Gray Campbell Edition}

Gray is my firstborn. She just started Kindergarten in the past week! I say every age is my favorite age, and the age of 5 still holds true to that. I love it so.

 Gray has a sensitive soul. If Kevin & I are playing with her and ask her to choose a side, she often breaks down in tears for fear of hurting one of us. Sweet, sweet Gray.

Gray is also VERY spicy. She gets all that from her dad! :) Ok, ok, it's all from me. Sometimes she can give him a look & I think, man, that's exactly what look I give him. Scary.

Gray is a great big sister. Transitioning into the Big Sister role has come easy each time.

Gray is a DIVA. Her own words. I asked her if she knew what this meant and she responded, "It means I can be a brat. Totes." Needless to say, Toddlers and Tiaras, thanks bunches. She can of course have moments of brattiness, where I then spew lines like any good mother would, about starving/unfortunate children. Her diva side that I love is all on the outside. 

She is a fashionista. Loves to over accessorize! LOVES make-up! Might be the only 5 year old I know who wears mascara pretty regularly. (I blame it on my mom for telling me no all those years. I mean it's not hurting anybody!) She is quick to tell me she hates an outfit, but I remind her that I have never steered her wrong yet, so trust me, wear it. She does.

 Everyday she is at school, I miss her. She is the reason I came out of the classroom. I'm jealous of all the quality time and car rides she has with her daddy. I think about if I was in the classroom, what our school life would be like together. I just love her so. I think of what the future holds for her. How our relationship will grow. What will she do in her free time. Who she will date. What she will be. Then I pray and pray over all of it. One thing is for sure. The world is a better place, because she is in it. I love Gray Campbell.

No comments:

Post a Comment