Wednesday, September 11, 2013

DIY: Turban Headband Option 1


I'm in L.O.V.E with all types of headbands, but the turban has become a fave on my baby! They are super simple to make!  I have a sewing machine, but you could hot glue or hand sew, no problem!  Here's how they're made!

Step 1: Pick a fabric. Jersey or stretchy material works best, bc it rolls on the edges!  Any non-fraying fabric would do!  (I also use old t-shirts & leggings!)

Step 2: Cut strips. I made mine for Navy, so I cut 12"x5" strips. Stretch them out by pulling on each strip.

Step 3: Lay the strips in an X.

Step 4: Fold each strip in half, so you are holding the ends of the same strip in each hand.

Step 5: Measure the width of the baby's head to see where you will need to sew.  Straighten out the ends so they are laying flat! Sew a straight line. (You could totally hand sew this!)

Step 6:
Cut off remnants close to seam and turn the headband inside out!


Step 7: Place on your cute baby's head!

DIY DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment