Friday, August 30, 2013

Cleaning 101

I usually take Mondays to clean everything in my house.  Cleaning is a love-hate relationship.  Meaning sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it!  There is however 10 easy steps that I follow that allows you to feel accomplished no matter how deep your clean goes!  I also recommend drinking a cup of coffee before you start. :)

Step 1. Gather all the dirty clothes from your house & throw them in the wash.  In my case, they are in EVERY room! Swear.  I also toss in dish clothes and pot holders! Something about that washing sound puts me in the cleaning mood.



Step 2. Make all your beds. Don't worry if the room is messy, just throw everything off the beds and make them.

Step 3. Collect dishes from everywhere & bring them to the sink.  I even wash cups used at bath time.

Step 4. Collect all trash from around the house.  I use grocery store bags, go through the whole house, and then put then in a big trash bag when I'm done.  

Step 5. Make piles of belongings in your main living area. Pile of stuff for my room. Bathrooms. Kids rooms.  (I make my kids deliver these piles!)  Anything laying out gets put in a pile!

Step 6. Kitchen!  Put away anything that needs to go into pantry or storage.  (All other belongings should already be in piles.). Put dishes in dishwasher or wash them. Clean counters. Sweep. 

Step 7. Use your counter rag to wipe all other surfaces.  Starting with the cleanest and make your way to the dirtiest!  Kitchen table, coffee table, bookshelves, bathrooms.

Step 8. Clean individual rooms.  Clothes always go on the beds.  Belongings put away. (I use the piles to help with anything that needs to go to another place.)

Step 9. Continue Laundry. 

Step 10. Vacuum.

Done!  

Repeat every Monday.  A clean home just makes everything better sometimes!




1 comment:

  1. I love the pile system, I do it, too! This is an excellent, pin-worthy tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete